Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge

This past weekend, I played dodgeball with the Embassy Marines.  As I was walking out the door, my first thought was "Why am I up at 5:45 am on my day off?!" followed by "Why am I voluntarily subjecting myself to playing dodgeball with Marines?!"


Although we did not use the red rubber balls familiar to all of us from gym class days, these were similar rubber missiles capable of inflicting pain.  And as you can see from this action shot of Jeremy, no one was holding back.  Balls were flying with fury around the gym...especially when the Marines were targeting each other.  


But despite balls to the stomach, face, and other sensitive areas (guys-you know what I'm talking about!), we all emerged without major injury.  Although my arm, shoulder, and back were seriously sore the next day.  Thank goodness for the $10 massage parlors on every street of Phnom Penh!

No comments:

Post a Comment