Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Ice Skating in Cambodia?

The newest family attraction in Phnom Penh is Kid City.  For Halloween, they offered a special "No Kids" night, so we headed over for some adult fun.  Our first stop was the ice skating rink.  I cannot remember the last time I went ice skating, plus they rent out ice hockey skates rather than figure skating ones, so I was not very steady on my feet.  But I managed to stay upright the whole time, so I was proud of myself!


Next stop was the science gallery.  Our friend Kristin couldn't wait to try the human gyroscope, which turns you upside down and all around.  


Meanwhile, our friend Stacy showed no fear of heights by riding the high wire bicycle.  Overall, the science gallery was very well done and also has a impressive, high-tech exhibit on the solar system.  I hope that Cambodian children have the opportunity to go to experience the fun side of science.


Finally, we harnessed up for the climbing gym.  The gym has about a dozen climbing walls, all with different hand holds.  They also have a few special features including a Leap of Faith and a 9-meter free fall.


Unfortunately, we ran out of time to play laser tag.  So we hope that Kid City has another "No Kids" night soon!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like great fun! But who would have thought that there would be ice skating in Phnom Penh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys know how to enjoy some very frigid weather in a beautiful setting! I always love coming here, I think your family is such a good testimony to living an authentically Catholic life full of love and joy!


    Ice Hockey Equipment & Ice Hockey Bag

    ReplyDelete